Since millions are making Facebook a frequent daily stop, and more than 50 percent of them are using a mobile device to do so, perhaps it’s wise for us to take a look at how our Facebook business page is being shown to the public. If you require more coaxing, now some 79% of smartphone users use their phones to go shopping, with 74% making a purchase as a result. Since Facebook creates a mobilized version of your Facebook page, you may have thought that’s all there was to it. Would that were so! Let’s take a look at some things you ought to be aware of.
First see how your Facebook Page shows up on a mobile device
Facebook will condense your Page into elements in the following order: Timeline, Recommendations and Check-ins, Photos and your most recent post. Since there are a number of ways we can make our pages look, this isn’t always so with a mobile device.
Some tips to help optimise your Facebook Page
- Keep in mind that you have much less time and space on Mobile to get the attention of your visitors. Take pains to use smaller, eye-catching photos, and to not mince words! Be brief and direct in your text and particularly any calls to action.
- “Pin” a post you want to show up first in your mobile timeline, because this will ensure it does.
- Log into your Facebook page from a mobile device and see that your important info is not only present but correct. You want people to be able to find you! You can do this using “Facebook Nearby”.
- One way to improve social word of mouth is to stimulate check-ins from your location. This makes a big difference with Facebook.
- Engage with your visitors while you’re on your mobile device, and this is not just convenient for you, but helps you keep an eye on activity on your page easily.