Are your email open rates a source of embarrassment? Taking action to increase them is a lot easier to do than you may think. According to Epsilon.com, email open rates sport an industry average of around 27.4 percent, with wide variances for markets. Understanding your email open rates and the way to improve them ought to be high on your to-do list!
So without further fanfare, here’s our down and dirty 10 best tips for bettering your email open rates.
- Create something worth reading – No doubt, the most effective way to have your email opened is to write something your email list can’t wait to get more of.
- Length & timing – We’re all very busy, and lengthy emails that ramble and fail to get to the point are seldom looked forward to. Likewise, not making use of optimum sending times doesn’t help.
- Build great subject lines – This is the biggest aspect in whether or not your email gets opened. Take the time to write great subject lines.
- Use your first line effectively – Closely connected is the first line, part of which is visible in their inbox. This too is valuable real estate, and don’t permit yours to be occupied with stuff like “If you don’t see any images in this message…”
- Address their needs and concerns – Solve problems and offer solutions.
- Offer deals and savings – Everyone wants a great deal, and email is an excellent way to communicate any deals or specials your company is offering.
- Be the authority – We always have something to learn, and if you are able to position yourself as someone who offers something valuable for your readers, your open rates will flourish.
- Try and be entertaining – Don’t be boring! Use humor, wit, and a little bit of controversy every now and then, but be careful not to offend at the same time.
- Make your “From” line recognizable – Having your company name or the person who is branded as the sender imparts trust.
- Be sure and resend your unopened email – Quite simple to do, resending your unopened email is a simple way to raise your open rates.