Google is famous for developing new programs and then getting rid of them when they don’t work out. Anyone recall Google Wave, Google Buzz and now Google Reader? While many have predicted a very similar fate for Google , an addition to this might just save the day. Google Hangouts is Google’s latest addition, and one that truly has lots of usefulness. (Particularly for marketers!)
Google Hangouts – So what is it exactly?
A super easy tool for teleconferencing that can replace or augment your current webinar or online seminar solutions. Linked to your Google account, a hangout is a breeze to launch, and has a number of attractive features for marketers. You and up to ten other participants, together with any number of other viewers can see your hangout live. It can be broadcast from your Google page, YouTube channel, or a page on your site. Google records the Hangout, and then a few minutes after you’re done, sends a YouTube URL to you, which you could then use in many ways.
Marketing with Google Hangouts
Here are 10 good ways to use Google Hangouts in your marketing.
- Webinars – Tired of expensive GoToWebinar fees? Now you have a no cost alternative!
- Conferences – Simple to setup teleconferencing makes a Hangout a no-brainer for sharing a conference experience.
- Meetings – Hold meetings for clients, customer, prospect or affiliates on an informal, yet immediate platform.
- Product Launches – A creative way to create positive buzz on launch day. (Or before!)
- Interviews – Capture interviews with others on the fly with Google Hangouts!
- Product Demos – Show people what you’ve got, live and in person!
- Virtual Press Conference – Share newsworthy items via Hangouts.
- Live Streaming Events – Many marketers now use Google Hangouts as their own live TV station, broadcasting weekly shows.
- Q & A with Customers – Learn what your customers want and need easily. Great trust builder!
- Podcast from your Hangout – Making a Podcast to share through iTunes is incredibly easy to accomplish.
Google Hangouts is a fantastic new tool to include in your marketing mix. Don’t miss your opportunity to connect with your customers in a meaningful way.